WHAT SOCRATES SAYS ...None of my cousins are just; All judges are just.
John is industrious; No industrious people are unhappy.
Umbrellas are useful on a journey; What is useless on
a journey should be left behind.
Some pillows are soft; No pokers are soft.
I am old and lame; No old merchant is a lame gambler.
No eventful journey is ever forgotten; Uneventful
journeys are not worth writing a book about.
Sugar is sweet; Some sweet things are liked by children.
Richard is out of temper; No one but Richard can ride
All jokes are meant to amuse; No Act of Parliament is
I saw it in a newspaper." All newspapers tell lies."
No nightmare is pleasant; Unpleasant experiences are
not anxiously desired.
65. Prudent travellers carry plenty of small change; Imprudent
travellers lose their luggage.
66. All wasps are unfriendly; No puppies are unfriendly.
67. He called here yesterday; He is no friend of mine.
68. No quadrupeds can whistle; Some cats are quadrupeds.
69. No cooked meat is sold by butchers; No uncooked meat
is served at dinner.
70. Gold is heavy; Nothing but gold will silence him.
71. Some pigs are wild; There are no pigs that are not fat.
72. No emperors are dentists; All dentists are dreaded by
73. All, who are not old, like walking; Neither you nor I
74. All blades are sharp; Some grasses are blades.
75. No dictatorial person is popular; She is dictatorial.
76. Some sweet things are unwholesome; No muffins are sweet.
77. No military men write poetry; No generals are civilians.
78. Bores are dreaded; A bore is never begged to prolong
79. All owls are satisfactory; Some excuses are unsatisfactory.
80. All my cousins are unjust; All judges are just.
81. Some buns are rich; All buns are nice.
82. No medicine is nice; No pills are unmedicinal.
83. Some lessons are difficult; What is difficult needs
84. No unexpected pleasure annoys me; Your visit is an
85. Caterpillars are not eloquent; Jones is eloquent.
86. Some bald people wear wigs; All your children have
87. All wasps are unfriendly; Unfriendly creatures are
88. No bankrupts are rich; Some merchants are not bankrupts.
89. Weasels sometimes sleep; All animals sometimes sleep.
90. Ill-managed concerns are unprofitable; Railways are
91. Everybody has seen a pig; Nobody admires a pig.